Wednesday, November 14, 2012

                                               Review

Author : Adrian Lilly
Title : The Devil You Know


I give it 4 out of 5 stars

First off I want to say WOW.The Devil You Know has a great story line and plot and i'm so glad the author contacted me asking if I would review it for him.


  The main character is Seventeen-year-old Julie Collins.Julie is like every other teen,has a loving mom and dad and a best friend. Julies dad has cancer and so he wants to die at his childhood home that's out in the middle of nowhere,and this house they are moving into is a huge mansion.the house is big and scary and has a library that burned in a fire a long time ago and her parents tell her to say out because she could get hurt.


In Julies first nigh in the house she started having nightmares about a boy running threw the woods and kills a women and then burns to death in the old library.As time goes on Julie realizes that her dreams have truth in to them and goes looking for  Evidence that she's not crazy,and well what she learns is so shocking and devastating.Julies learns that her mom and dad are devil worshipers and plan to kill her so that they can have youth.Julie keeps finding more and more clue's about her parents but it turns out that her parents what her to learn this,they want her to live in fear of knowing what is going to happen to her and they enjoy her terror. The only person she becomes friends with in this hell is a boy named Paul,who I just loved and grew to like more and more as the book went along and to find out that he to is mixed up in the nightmare with her.The only thing I didn't like about the book was the ending.I would have liked to see her parents suffer more in the end. 

I just loved this book,it was totally freaky and had me on the edge of my seat with my skin crawling.

No comments:

Post a Comment